Thank you for choosing to book with Stay @ Lighthouses – we look forward to welcoming you to our self-catering cottages 'under the light'. By making this booking, you are entering into an agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions below.
Arrival and Departure Times
- Check-in is between 14h00 and 16h00, unless prior arrangements have been made
- No arrivals after 16h00, unless prior arrangements have been made
- Check-out is at 10h00 for the latest, unless prior arrangements have been made
- By the guest:
- Cancellations will only be accepted in writing
- Cancellations within 48 hours of arrival - one night's accommodation will be charged
- Cancellations/alteration during stay - no refund
- 'No Shows' will incur full payment
- Refunds on cancellations will only be made after payment has been finally cleared by the bank or Credit Card Company. This process can take in excess of 30 days
- By Stay @ Lighthouses:
- Stay @ Lighthouses would only cancel your booking if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would however attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, we would then refund all monies paid by you for the accommodation. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
- Stay @ Lighthouses welcomes families with children of all ages.
Damages and breakages
- You are liable for any loss or damages (excluding wear and tear) during your booking period at Stay @ Lighthouses self-catering cottages.
- All our guests use the facilities at all Stay @ Lighthouses self-catering cottages at their own risk.
- Guests choosing to make use of the swimming pools at the Stay @ Lighthouses self-catering cottages do so entirely at their own risk, and are fully aware that there are no life-saving facilities of any nature provided and therefore indemnify Stay @ Lighthouses/Lighthouse and Navigational Systems/Transnet National Ports Authority/Transnet SOC Ltd in full and shall have no claim of whatsoever nature against Stay @ Lighthouses/Lighthouse and Navigational Systems/Transnet National Ports Authority/Transnet SOC Ltd including any claim from any injury/bodily harm/death and/or loss of property which could arise from the use of the swimming pools.
- Stay @ Lighthouses provides self-catering accommodation at several of South Africa's lighthouses. It does not provide or arrange other services such as meals, personal laundry, transport, tours, functions, events, parties, baby sitting, and conferences.
- No fireworks may be let off at any of the Stay @ Lighthouses self-catering cottages, or on the surrounding properties.
- Stay @ Lighthouses cannot be held liable if any of the following events or conditions prevents us from fulfilling our obligation to our guests: unanticipated interruption to the electricity, water, sewage to, from or on the self-catering cottage’s property; industrial action, civil uprising or criminal activity; fire, frost, flooding, subsidence or any other force major event.
- Stay @ Lighthouses does not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any guest, or any member of the guest’s party, or any vehicles or possessions, unless proved to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
- No pets are allowed at of the Stay @ Lighthouses properties.
- Any data collected during the course of this booking will be for the use of Stay @ Lighthouses only, and we will not share your details with any third party.
- With your permission, we may from time-to-time contact you about promotions and offers.
- No live or loud music is permitted at any of the Stay @ Lighthouses properties.
- The Right of Admission will apply.
Reservations and Payment and Terms
- Reservations can be made via the Stay @ Lighthouses website, or through the Booking Office.
- Accepted payment methods include:
- Visa, Master, MOBICRED, AMEX or Diners Club card payments via the Stay @ Lighthouse website
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Security and Storage
- Although Stay @ Lighthouses takes reasonable steps to ensure the safety and security of our guests and their possessions, you retain final responsibility for your safety and security. Please lock your cottage when you go out during the day, and before going to bed. Please also ensure that all vehicles, trailers, etc. are properly secured when not in use.
- Should you find that appliances or utensils are not working properly – or have any other complaints – please report it soonest to the Lightkeeper on duty for rectification.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the Stay @ Lighthouses self-catering cottages.
- Smoking is allowed outside on the stoop/patios or any open area on the premises.
Water and electricity
- South Africa is a water scarce country. Please help to save water by doing the following:
- Flush the toilet only when you really need to
- Take short, stop-start showers
- Do not leave the tap running while brushing your teeth
- Please also use electricity wisely.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL US:
- +27 (0)21 449 2400